By enrolling in any virtual Online or Hybrid course through Center for Wilderness Safety (CWS), you agree that you fully understand and acknowledge accept all CWS policies, procedures and guidelines, outlined below and at https://wildsafe.org/policy.
Cancellations, Transfers + Refunds
Tuition payment in full is required to reserve your seat in the course. Tuition is payable by credit card via the CWS website or over the phone. The tuition fee covers all textbooks, syllabus, equipment and certification card, patch, etc.
CWS is not obligated to allow any participant to attend a course until all prerequisites and necessary paperwork has been received, reviewed and approved by CWS. A full refund will be given if CWS is forced to cancel the course for any reason.
For all In-Person Wilderness First Aid (WFA), Wilderness First Aid Afloat (WFAA), Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA), as well as Wilderness First Responder (WFR) courses, if you cancel or withdraw from a course for any reason:
- TRANSFERS requested MORE THAN 10 DAYS prior to the course start date are permitted, however a $35 TRANSFER FEE will automatically be assessed. These fees must be paid in full at the time of registration transferal.
- TRANSFERS requested made WITHIN 10 DAYS of the course start date will be DENIED unless due to a medical emergency (with Written Documentation).
- CANCELLATIONS made MORE THAN 10 DAYS prior to the course start date will result in a Full Refund of tuition paid, minus a $50 CANCELLATION FEE. HYBRID COURSES DO NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY REFUNDS.
- CANCELLATIONS made WITHIN 10 DAYS of the course start date, or after the course has begun, will result in the following:
- Wilderness First Aid — Loss of Full Tuition
- Wilderness First Aid Afloat — Loss of Full Tuition
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid — Loss of Full Tuition
- Wilderness First Responder — Loss of $300 Deposit
- Wilderness EMT Upgrade — Loss of $300 Deposit
HYBRID COURSES DO NOT QUALIFY FOR A REFUND.
Any participant that simply does not show up to class and does not communicate their planned absence prior to class (unless medical emergency and are unable to do so) will NOT receive a refund nor be allowed to transfer their enrollment to a future course. Refunds due to course cancellation are made after the registered course date and may take up to six to eight weeks to process.
If for any reason CWS must cancel a course, any and all payments and deposits will be refunded in full, or may be transferred to any future course where seats are still available.
If a participant does not complete the necessary prerequisites for the class, they will not be permitted to participate in the class and will forfeit any and all tuition amounts paid, receiving no refund or opportunity for transfer into a future course.
CWS reserves the right to cancel a course for any reason that it deems necessary (low enrollment, severe inclement weather which effects the safety of participants, acts of God, etc.).
If a course does not meet the minimum required enrollment, that course will be cancelled and students will be given alternative enrollment options.
For our FULL Policies & Guidelines,
please visit https://wildsafe.org/policy.